Tuesday, January 29, 2008

a very not good day


last night i realized i lost my long-adored travel mug and emotional attachment combined with little sleep let to a overreaction. I couldn't sleep i was so worried i would not find it; by this time i had remembered where i had left it but had no clue if the janitors had cleaned that hall that night - they throw all beverage containers away no exceptions even the super spendy ones. So i got up before 8 and got to the class room 5 mins to late to look - there was a class inside, i looked where i had sat and could not see it so i sought out the lost and found. I asked at the history department; a lovely office with mint green walls and wall hangings to move your mind. The lady there was very nice, called maintenance - who didn't come in and made me some licorice tea. I was doing ok then i remembered that i was in 15 min parking so i ran (on ice and slush) the whole way to my car - no ticket thank god! I went home changed out of my now wet clothes and tried to get ready for the day but instead i just started bawling - Mr. Joshua was super nice and told me what i knew; that i needed to get some sleep. So i took a nap and he said he would check for the travel mug on the way to his next class - he did and he found it. So i went to class and then to a study group for my midterm tomorrow morning and now i have zero energy left and I have to study for my midterm!

No comments: